I went up to Staples first thing this morning to get the disso printed and bound - it all came out well and looks good.....apart from the fact I've put the wrong student number on the front. One digit's wrong and I've had to correct it with a big fat pen. Stupid I know, but with 16000+ words to worry about, I simply had a mindblock about my student id number....and managed to get it wrong.
Anyway, I'm off to Brunel over lunch to get the darned thing delivered.....two days inside the deadline!
Friday, 25 September 2009
All 57 pages, 16,214 words plus abstract and bibliography....
Time for a read-through this weekend, just to make sure, printing on Monday and then delivery to Brunel on Tuesday. It's definitely a weight off my shoulders. And I get all of a week's break before it's PhD induction day!
Monday, 21 September 2009
Just two tasks still to do on the main body of the disso - add in some 'colour' from Life's coverage of John Glenn's Friendship 7 flight, and then cut about 750 words from the whole piece. It all has come together, and now I've just got to be brutal on the editing, cutting out all the nice to know rather than necessary to know stuff. There's a week to go on this, then a week off, and then straight into my new PhD work.